Traineeships at the European organisations
Every European Organisation has defined different requirements for their application requirements and procedures. The page Europe Jobs of the EKV intends to show an overview of all application pages and options. An overview of all information pages about traineeships at European organizations can be found under Links.
Council of Europe
Info page: https://www.coe.int/en/web/jobs/traineeships
Periods for applying:
Traineeships of the Council of Europe last from eight weeks to five months, and are not remunerated. There are two official traineeship sessions each year: March till July or September till January. The typical responsibilities given to trainees include research work, preparation of draft reports and studies for meetings of experts, drafting of meeting reports, assistance with work in hand and committee organisation.
If you are of French or English mother tongue and wish to apply for a traineeship in translation you should email your CV and motivation letter to Traduction@coe.int. The duration of a traineeship in Translation is from three weeks to two months.
In order to be eligible for a traineeship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have the nationality of one of the Council of Europe member states
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (a diploma for the first cycle of higher education as defined in the Bologna Declaration)
- Have a very good knowledge of one of the two Council of Europe official languages (English or French) together with good drafting ability. Good knowledge of the other official language is appreciated
About internship opportunities at organizations and institutions of the European Union and their conditions there are two very good and insightful overview pages:
For students: http://europa.eu/about-eu/working-eu-institutions/students/index_en.htm
For gradutes: http://europa.eu/about-eu/working-eu-institutions/traineeships/index_en.htm
- from July until August
- from February until March
The traineeships are for 5 months, paid (monthly grant of approximately €1,120) and every semester there are about 650 places available in two periods: March till July or October till February. In order to be eligible for a traineeship, you must meet the following criteria:
- a bachelor degree (3 years of study)
- very good knowledge of English, French or German
- very good knowledge of a second EU official language (required for EU nationals)